Training Course VBA
Computer training VBA course in English, French or Dutch
- Introduction to the VBA Environment
- VBA Overview & Terminology
- Event driven programming
- VBA Programming Environment
- Creating the User Interface
- VBA Programming Language
- Error handling and debugging
- Working with more advanced controls
Visual Basic for Applications Training
Guided tour of the Visual Basic environment
General overview of the Visual Basic environment that could use animations and audio to show:
- Editor in VBA
- Project explorer in VBA
- Properties window in VBA
- Form Layout window in VBA
- The toolbox in VBA
- Menu editor in VBA
- Project files required for a project.
This would begin by showing how to start a Project with a simple Form as an object and running the application. This would expand to show:
- Properties of the Form object with the properties window in VBA
- Altering the object properties to suit an application in VBA
- Changing properties of a form at run time by using a click procedure in VBA
- Loading graphics onto the Form in VBA
- Add text using a Label object in VBA
- Drawing on a Form in VBA
- Types of Form in VBA
- The Screen object and scale units, e.g. twips.
Overview of the idea of objects and their properties.
Extend the idea of objects and their properties:
- How objects work in VBA
- Controls as objects in VBA
- Objects supplied in the toolbox in VBA
- The object browser.
- Data controls in VBA
- Simple database without code in VBA
- More objects, e.g. text box, PictureBox or Frame.
- Types of variables in Visual Basic.
- How the running application is controlled by events.
Structure of a program using:
- Branching in VBA
Visual Basic code.
How the basic program structure is implemented using the syntax of Visual Basic.
- For loop in VBA
- If-then-else in VBA
- Simple arithmetic operations.
- Strings in VBA
- Index in VBA
- Arrays in VBA
- More objects, e.g. ComboBox.
- Using Visual Basic procedures in VBA
- Writing procedures in VBA
- Bas module, scope and where to Dim.
Polishing and Finishing
Look and Feel:
- How to create an application that looks professional in VBA
- The Microsoft Interface standards in VBA
- Timers in VBA
- How to control event with a timer.
Colour and imaging:
- Use of graphics and pictures in VBA
- Graphics on a control in VBA
- Adding other objects from other applications and files.
Installing the Application
Making an .exe file:
- How to make product that can be distributed and installed in VBA
- Making an installation disk.
Links to Office:
- Visual Basic in Office applications in VBA
- (if student has resource or else just the concepts)
- Examples for all applications.
All Office courses:
- Office 365
- Office 2010
- Word Training
- Excel Training
- Powerpoint Training
- Outlook Training
- Access Training
- Office 2007 Training
- MS Project Training
- VBA Training
- MindManager Training
- Sharepoint Training
Some clients: Cefora, IBM, Holcim, CBR, Total, Bpost, Cisco, Shape,Colruyt, Telelingua, Nestlé, CPAS Molenbeek, Fabricom, Club Med, NATO, G4S, Fonds de participation, Roularta, Georg Fischer, SGC, STIB, Federal Police, Flemish Government, KBC, Fortis, ING, Tetrapak, Royal Canin, GSK, ULB, Starwood hotels, Jetair, Belgacom, VRT, National Bank of Belgium, Hansgrohe, Buildings Agency, General Electric, Hiscox, Prace, Toyota,...
50% discount for self-employed
and small companies
via the Region of Brussels